Barack Obama Hoax Chumps of the Day: Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots
Chump n. a gullible person: See if that chump will loan you some money.
-- Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions
A full year and a half after it was debunked as a complete and utter hoax, a faked AP story about President Barack Obama’s Occidental College transcript is still being posted all around the web by American conservatives as if it were credible breaking news.
Earlier this month, Lynne Stevens of the Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots shared the “news” with her fellow members in an extra-big double alert font:
Very quitely Obamme’s case is making it to court
AP – WASHINGTON D.C
In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama’s qualifications for the presidency, the
group “Americans for Freedom of Information” has Released copies of
President Obama’s college transcripts from Occidental College . Released today, the
transcript school indicates that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro,
received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate. The
transcript was released by Occidental College…
You know the rest if you’ve been paying attention.
Oh, this has all been “Very quite” indeed. It’s been so hushed up that:
* the Associated Press has no record of ever publishing such a story
* none of the newspapers carrying Associated Press stories have any record, even on microfilm, of the supposed story
* Occidental College not only has no record of releasing Barack Obama’s transcript, but has in fact expressly denied that such a release occurred
* finally, there is no record of a case pending before the Supreme Court on the issue.
It’s either the world’s biggest coverup ever seen, encompassing educational institutions, the entire judiciary, every one of the nation’s newspapers, and every one of the nation’s libraries that archives newspapers
… or it never happened.
Lynne Stevens of the Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots apparently either
1) Believes in the World’s Biggest Coverup Ever,
2) Didn’t bother to stop, think, and make the simplest fact check on incendiary hoax of blazing falsehood, or
3) Doesn’t care whether something’s true or not as long as it makes Barack Obama look bad.
In any of those cases, Lynne Stevens, you’ve acted a gullible, credulous puppet, not an independent thinking citizen. You’re a chump, you’re a chump, you’re a chump, chump, chump. And not one of your fellow travelers in the Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots has written a word to set you straight.
Ladies and gentlemen, these are the chumps of the day! I think we can expect many more to come.
Entry filed under: chumps. Tags: barack obama, barry soetoro, chumps, credulous, fake, gullible, hoax, indonesian, lie, lynne stevens, occidental college, phoenix, tea party patriots, tea-party, transcript.